Call for Papers
Following the long-standing series of previous meetings, the SIGUL venue will provide a forum for the presentation of cutting edge research in Natural Language Processing (both text and speech) for under-resourced languages to both academic and industry researchers, and also offer a venue where researchers in different disciplines and from varied backgrounds can fruitfully explore new areas of intellectual and practical development while honoring their common interest of sustaining less-resourced languages.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- general research on under-resourced languages;
- transfer-learning techniques for under-resourced languages (zero-shot, few-shot training);
- unsupervised and semi-supervised methods to build applications for under-resourced languages;
- use of multilingual pre-trained language models to under-resourced languages;
- speech technologies for under-resourced languages.
We also invite position papers on methodological, ethical, or institutional issues.
1st Call for Papers | 2nd Call for Papers